The City & Guilds quality benchmark
The City & Guilds quality benchmark gives advisers and organisations confidence that Wiseradviser training meets high standards set by a recognised training body.
Specialist Debt Advice 11 week programme
This programme equips advisers with comprehensive and accurate knowledge required for a Specialist Debt Adviser role. It also meets the requirements of the MaPS quality framework at casework/ specialist level.
- Types of debt
- Gathering information
- Completing a Personal Budget Sheet (PBS)
- Core advice
- Debt solutions (formal and informal)
- Maximising income and reducing expenditure
- Clients in vulnerable circumstances
- Good practice and case recording
- Court processes
- Consumer Credit Act
- Priority debts
- Business debts
- Limitation of Action
There is a final assessment process which includes mock debt advice interviews and supported calls/client interviews as appropriate. These will be run by the advisers’ own organisation.
We use a mix of blended learning which is made up of virtual or face-to-face sessions run by a cohort lead, Wiseradviser virtual courses including pre-course work and online assessments and Wiseradviser e-learning courses with online assessments.
Find out more
If your organisation would like to arrange an assured training programme please get in touch.
- We can arrange the above programmes for groups of between 5 – 16 trainees, with multiple cohorts as needed.
- We will try to accommodate your preferred start date but there may be up to a 6 month lead time to arrange the programme due to needing to secure the dates with our freelance trainers.
- As an Assured training provider we can also apply for approval for additional programmes to meet organisations’ and advisers’ needs.
Interested in City & Guilds Assured training? Email for more information.
Submit an enquiry
Complete our enquiry form and we’ll get back to your shortly.