Posted March 10, 2022
With energy and other household bills continuing to rise, millions of households risk being pushed into financial difficulty. Research conducted by the Money Advice Trust, the charity that runs Wiseradviser, shows that many households are already struggling or not able to afford essential costs.
- 1 in 7 adults (an estimated 7.9m) is behind on one or more household bill
- 1 in 8 (an estimated 6.2m) have gone without energy, water or electricity.
Our recent Webinar: Understanding the rising cost of living and supporting those in debt covers a range of topics including
- Government assistance available to clients
- Suggestions for maximising income
- Suggestions for decreasing household expenditure
- Dealing with gas and electricity arrears.
You can access the webinar recording here and read more on the financial challenges UK households are facing and the difficulties that lie ahead for many as the cost of living continues to rise in the Money Advice Trust's latest briefing here.