Posted October 21, 2021
Providing appropriate levels of support for self-employed clients can be problematic at times, barriers include a lack of confidence or experience with dealing with self-employed people regularly. It can be difficult to understand what depth to go into and how to make sure your client gets the right support. With more and more self-employed people having unmanageable debt, it is increasingly important that clients can receive this support. This is the first in a series of four webinars focusing on giving practical debt advice for the self-employed following the impact of Covid-19.
This webinar will include:
- an overview of the different types of self-employed clients and how to identify their trading status, including those who rent out properties
- investigating a client’s priority and non-priority creditors for both their business and personal situation
- analysing their income, expenditure, and assets to identify solutions to deal with their debts
- confirming a client’s obligations for reporting to HMRC, timescales to do so and potential penalties for non-compliance
- a discussion on the repayment options for the Bounce Back Loan (BBL) scheme
Watch on demand on wiseradviser.org.