Posted December 8, 2023
This new course aims to provide you with a more in-depth and technical understanding of enforcement law, and builds on the knowledge gained in the Wiseradviser casework level Taking Control of Goods e-learning and virtual training.
This course covers:
- The impact of personal insolvencies on recovery by taking control, covering bankruptcy, IVAs, DROs and breathing space.
- Remedies for third-party complainants: details of claims by third-parties for their goods as well as discussion of other possible remedies, for example for trespass and assault.
- Remedies for people in debt, including weighing up the pros and cons and examining the procedures for claims under the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007; certification complaints and the use of alternative complaints schemes, such as ombudsmen, trade bodies and creditors own complaints processes.
- A discussion of charges and complaints, including examining possible overcharging by different agents, treatment of vulnerable debtors and remedies for disputed charges.
- Some of the more technical aspects of the reformed law, as well as examining the impact of other legislation on the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007, in particular the interaction between it and the Insolvency Act 1986.
This course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
To access this e-learning log in to Wiseradviser.